At Tenet Healthcare, we strive to be a leader in creating the health care delivery system of tomorrow, one that will better serve the needs of patients, employers and communities everywhere. Our growing network of hospitals, outpatient centers and physicians is providing greater value, a wider range of services and a more fully integrated network. Our Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary is using data and technology-driven decision support tools to help providers and employers manage care more effectively and efficiently. And our health plans are offering affordable coverage options for families and employers.
In Philadelphia, we have created a clinically integrated accountable care organization (ACO) in partnership with Hahnemann University Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, physicians and Independence Blue Cross. The coordination of care that results from sharing clinical data and promoting evidence-based care through the ACO — from detailed tracking of physician referral patterns to deep analysis of chronic condition treatment — is improving clinical outcomes and reducing health care costs. In fact, the ACO has contributed to:
- A 16.5 percent reduction in potentially preventable re-admissions;
- A 16 percent reduction in the rate of hospital-acquired infections; and
- Cost growth that is 60 percent lower than the national average in the first year of the program and on track to be 85 percent lower in the second.
At Resolute Health in central Texas, we’re building a collaborative model to engage, inspire and empower the community. The program is driven by a suite of innovative new tools, including:
- A community-centered approach in which we analyze the trends in population health for employers and the community at large and design services that specifically meet their shared needs;
- New consumer-empowering programs designed to be delivered across the community through businesses, churches, schools and neighborhoods, including;
- A telemedicine program with the local school district that provides quick access to care, saves time and boosts academic performance;
- Working with employers to provide onsite or near-site health clinics, as well as telemedicine options to minimize productive time lost from doctor visits; and
- A membership program that makes care affordable for underinsured or uninsured consumers.
- Cutting-edge technology that allows consumers to carry a card that contains their electronic medical records, saving time and
- paperwork and ensuring that anyone caring for them knows their medical history.
Through such innovative approaches, along with our national scale, breadth of services and technology, and values-based culture, we will deliver on our mission: moving health forward.