Xerox believes that the health of our business is dependent on the health of our people. To that end, our health care philosophy — Healthy Together — focuses on supporting employees and family members in making informed healthcare decisions and gives them the tools to manage their health and well-being. At the same time, we expect employees to use these resources to gain the most value from their benefits and to improve their health.
RightOptTM — A Holistic Approach to Managing Cost and Care
In 2014, we introduced RightOpt, a private health insurance exchange available through our independent subsidiary, Buck Consultants. RightOpt takes a holistic approach to managing costs while supporting our employees and their families as they work to achieve optimal health. Our strategy includes:
- Cost savings through group purchasing. We’ve negotiated contracts with best-in- class vendors on behalf of all RightOpt clients, achieving significant savings from group purchasing volume.
- Deeper national provider network discounts. We use a regionally aligned preferred- partner strategy to reduce claim expenses by optimizing discounts across the country.
- Improved health. Employees and family members are encouraged to achieve their optimal health through a comprehensive suite of integrated wellness programs such as telemedicine and centers of excellence, and health improvement support, including disease management, lifestyle coaching and wellness screenings.
- Decision support. Member-advocacy services and an employee-assistance program support more effective health care and personal decisionmaking.
- Robust data analytics. Data from providers is consolidated in a central data warehouse, enabling us to mine our data and focus support for our employees.
Personalized, One-Stop Support
Using a single access point portal, our goal is to provide easy access to meaningful, timely and relevant information, simplifying the experience of choosing and using benefits and improving health. Our portal integrates content from all of our vendor partners and provides direct access to personalized action lists, individual biometric screening results, incentive tracking and opportunities for social interaction through wellness success stories. The portal also includes “gamification” features including a customizable avatar, apps, polls, healthy recipes and other elements to engage employees.
Where We’re Headed
Our Healthy Together strategy will continue to evolve as we move toward an outcomes-based wellness strategy that provides employees with incentives for working toward measurable health improvement. We depend on the energy, vitality, and well-being of our people and know that, when we take care of ourselves, both our employees and the company can be healthy together.