Washington – Business Roundtable, an association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. corporations with more than $5 trillion in annual revenues and nearly 10 million employees, announced today its 2009 Executive Committee, which will lead the organization’s membership to advance the interests of U.S. workers and businesses.
In its new role, the committee will provide strategic guidance for the organization.
Ivan G. Seidenberg, recently-named Chairman of Business Roundtable, said: “The Executive Committee members are global business leaders from diverse sectors of the international economy. Despite the range of our businesses, we are united around our main priority: to advocate for policies that increase the standards of living for all Americans. It is an honor and a privilege to work with these exceptional leaders to help address our nation’s ailing health care system, continue to maintain U.S. leadership in the international economy, and put our economy back on a path toward growth.”
The members of Business Roundtable’s 2009 Executive Committee are:
- Ivan G. Seidenberg, Chairman and CEO, Verizon Communications
- Kenneth I. Chenault, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Express Company
- Edward B. Rust, Jr., Chairman and CEO, State Farm Insurance Companies
Nominating Committee Chairman:
- Harold McGraw III, Chairman, President and CEO, The McGraw-Hill Companies
- David M. Cote, Chairman and CEO, Honeywell International, Inc.
- James Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Michael T. Duke, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Immelt, Chairman and CEO, General Electric Company
- Robert A. McDonald, President and CEO, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Steve Odland, Chairman and CEO, Office Depot
- Randall L. Stephenson, Chairman and CEO, AT&T Inc.
- Rex W. Tillerson, Chairman and CEO, Exxon Mobil Corporation
Also serving on the Executive Committee are the five CEOs who chair Business Roundtable’s Initiatives that push forward the organization’s top policy priorities. They are:
- Alexander “Sandy” Cutler, Chairman, President and CEO, Eaton Corporation (*new to this role) Chair of the Corporate Leadership Initiative
- William D. Green, Chairman and CEO, Accenture, Chair of the Education, Innovation and Workforce Initiative
- Jim McNerney, Chairman, President and CEO, The Boeing Corporation (*new to this role) Chair of the International Engagement Initiative
- Michael G. Morris, Chairman, President and CEO, American Electric Power Company, Inc., Chair of the Sustainable Growth Initiative
- Antonio M. Perez, Chairman and CEO, Eastman Kodak Company (*new to this role) Chair of Consumer Health and Retirement Initiative
“Business Roundtable is fortunate to have such distinguished executives leading us during this time of substantial economic and political change,” said John J. Castellani, President of Business Roundtable. “Collaboration between business, the Administration and Congress has never been more important, and I look forward to the innovative solutions our Executive Committee will bring to the ongoing dialogue.”