Brian S. Tyler, Ph.D. is president and chief operating officer of McKesson Corporation where he has responsibility for the company’s global business operations. He plays a key role in helping the company expand its value throughout the manufacturer-to-patient supply chain to improve patient care and drive long-term customer value and earnings growth. He is also serving as president of McKesson’s Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services business.
Brian has more than two decades of experience with McKesson, having served in a wide variety of leadership roles throughout the company. He has led nearly every major business within the company as well as McKesson’s corporate strategy and business development unit. His previous McKesson leadership roles are as follows:
• McKesson Europe: Brian served as chairman of the Management Board (CEO) of McKesson Europe, where he drove growth to $27.3 billion by focusing on operational excellence, collaboration and innovation.
• North American Pharmaceutical Distribution Services: He had overall leadership responsibility for McKesson’s pharmaceutical distribution and related businesses in North America, including McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical, McKesson Canada, McKesson Specialty Health and McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation.
• Corporate Strategy and Business Development: Brian served as executive vice president of Corporate Strategy and Business Development where he led the overall corporate strategy for McKesson. Brian helped guide strategy development across McKesson’s business units as well as led the mergers and acquisitions function across the company.
• U.S. Pharmaceutical: He oversaw the business unit’s operations and the distribution of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare related products to customers in four primary segments: national and regional retail pharmacy chains, retail independent pharmacies, hospital providers and mail pharmacy.
• McKesson’s Medical-Surgical: He led the nation’s largest alternate site distributor to physician offices, long-term care facilities, surgery centers, direct-to-patient home care and occupational health, and employers.
• McKesson Specialty Care Solutions: Brian served as president with responsibility for Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Marketing Services, Specialty Logistics, and Prospective Health, Inc.
• McKesson Distribution Solutions: He joined the company as vice president of strategy and business development for McKesson Distribution Solutions in 1997.
Prior to joining McKesson, Brian spent three years at Integral, Inc. as a senior associate, Health Care Consulting in Cambridge, MA. Brian earned his Ph.D. and master’s degree from the University of Chicago, Department of Economics where he studied under a grant from the National Science Foundation. His specializations included Industrial Organization, Labor Economics, and Public Finance/Project Evaluation. Brian earned his B.A. in Economics with high honors from University of California Santa Cruz.
Brian is a member of the board of directors of the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers and a member of the IFPW Foundation board of directors.
Brian is based in Las Colinas, Texas. He is married with two children.