Americans continue to face unparalleled dual public health and economic crises caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic. In addition to the tragic human toll from the outbreak, its economic disruption continues to affect millions of American workers, families and employers. Getting America back on its feet requires urgent and comprehensive action and maintaining an environment that enables economic recovery.
Representing leaders of large companies that collectively employ over 19 million people and that support many more Americans through their supplier and customer networks, Business Roundtable supports policies to promote the health and safety of American workers and consumers and to support a safe U.S. economic reopening and recovery.
Business Roundtable CEOs will continue to work closely with policymakers at all levels of government to defeat COVID-19, create American jobs and restore U.S. economic growth and competitiveness.
We believe the Biden Administration and Congress can support long-term economic growth and create more opportunity for all Americans by:
- Defeating COVID-19
- Investing in our nation’s infrastructure
- Modernizing the U.S. immigration system
- Improving worker training and education
- Maintaining a competitive tax environment that enables economic recovery
- Ensuring American companies and workers are able to grow through exports and trade on a level playing field around the world
- Making meaningful progress on big issues like climate change and racial equity and justice, including policing reform