Supporting Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) offer nurturing networks and promote a diverse workplace where everyone does their best work. Executive sponsors foster ERG growth opportunities and address member concerns. Nearly 3,000 employees are involved in one or more of the following ERGs.
- Asian Employee Resource Organization: AERO
- Black Employee Network: BEN
- LGBT Employee Network: BRIDGES
- Council of Native American Heritage: CONAH
- Latino Employee Network: LEN
- A Women’s Initiative — Lead Educate Achieve and Develop: LEAD
- Emerging Professionals Network: UP Ties
- Union Pacific Veterans Network: UPVETS
Employee Resource Group Conference
While most ERGs traditionally hosted annual member conferences, Union Pacific’s eight ERGs participated in Union Pacific’s first all-ERG conference in 2016 in Omaha, NE, home to our corporate headquarters. Our ERGs will share best practices and development opportunities tailored to their specific needs at our 2018 all-ERG conference in Omaha on October 30.
Meet, Eat, Advise and Learn
Executives host quarterly lunch meetings providing intimate networking opportunities for ERG members in groups of four. Groups discuss professional growth, development and work/life integration. Employees share information and build relationships in a positive manner.
Supporting Our Business
ERGs provide business updates and offer sessions with department leaders educating members about various company roles and potential opportunities. Members also help departments solve business challenges, providing professional growth opportunities.