Bonuses. Wage increases. Expanded family leave and retirement benefits. Billions of dollars in new U.S. investments. Tens of thousands of new American jobs. That’s how tax reform is already benefitting America’s workers, families, and communities — and it’s the focus of a new Business Roundtable video released today.
Tax and Fiscal Policy New BRT Video: ‘Tax Reform is Delivering’
This new video features many actions and announcements by Business Roundtable member companies as tax reform continues to increase jobs, wages, benefits, and opportunities for millions of American workers.
To date, the effect of these actions and announcements includes:
For American workers:
- Larger compensation or benefits for over 2.1 million employees;
- Nearly $2 billion in cash and stock bonuses, benefitting over 1.1 million employees;
- $7.3 billion in contributions to employee pension funds for 2018;
- Expanded 401(k) retirement benefits, increased medical and family leave benefits, and higher levels of profit-sharing for employees;
- The creation of tens of thousands of new American jobs; and
- Significant investments in workforce training.
For American households and communities:
- Lower monthly electric bills from utility companies passing along tax reform savings to consumers; and
- $1.2 billion in new charitable donations.
- Over $75 billion in capital expenditure plans over the next five years.
Learn more about how tax reform is delivering for America’s workers, families, and our nation’s economy at taxreform.brt.org.