Over the past four years, Accenture has seen our population move from a stage of health awareness to adopting healthy actions that have created positive habits. Our health and wellness programs are anchored with the guiding
principles of quality education, ease of use, flexibility and relevancy. With a workforce that is extremely diverse in lifestyle, work location and needs, we have placed emphasis on offering the right programs, at the right time, to the right people to have the greatest impact.
Accenture’s U.S. Live Well program — led by our National Wellness Lead — provides tools, resources and incentives to make it easier for employees to achieve physical health and overall work/life balance and wellness goals. Each employee and their spouse/domestic partner have access to:
- A customized site that provides a personal health assessment, health map, wellness incentives tied to healthy activities, customized coaching programs, health-tracking programs (such as a biometrics screening program) and newsletters;
- An online fitness center (14,000 exercises and 750 workout videos);
- The Journeys program, an online coach that uses smart technology to customize goals, challenges and actions according to each person’s specific interests; and
- Wellness groups that arrange wellness events and activities at local offices.
Program Results, 2012–13
- Maintained an 88 percent participation rate in our health assessment program
- Doubled participation in our health-coaching program, with more than 15,000 people participating
- Sustained an average of 500 employees a month attending health webinars
- Grew biometric screening participation from 23 to 40 percent; after the screenings, 26 percent of participants signed up to talk with a health advisor
- In 2013, rewarded employees almost $3 million in wellness incentives
- Out of the almost 1,000 who participated in our Get Active coaching program, 90 percent increased their physical activity throughout the year
Accenture is focused on continuing to enhance our programs. We are exploring additional ways to use technology to bring health and wellness programs to meet the needs of our people. We also plan to focus on topics relevant to specific populations — such as men, women, parents, caregivers, dependents and travelers. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and therefore want to provide the best tools and programs to help them to be healthy and happy — at work and at home.