At Ameriprise Financial, our talented employees are our greatest asset. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping our employees live healthier lives. We help them take control of their health through our competitive benefit program that emphasizes a shared responsibility between employees and the company.
Our strategy is based on the following five core principles: we will be competitive (with our peers), comprehensive (in terms of types of offerings), cost effective (for the company and employees), flexible and focused on shared responsibility.
To support these principles, our program includes:
- High-quality medical plan options which incorporate consumer-driven design elements;
- An onsite clinic that provides convenient access to top-quality health services, including preventive care, lab services, immunizations, personal-health coaching and help managing chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease;
- Wellness programs and incentives to help employees understand their health status as well as tools and resources to support behavior change;
- Consistent communications to help employees understand our programs and how to access them; and
- Decision support tools so employees can confidently get quality care for the appropriate value.
We have positioned our wellness program, Health Matters, as an easy way to get on a path toward a healthier lifestyle or maintain current healthy habits. The program helps employees understand their health status through biometric screenings, a health assessment and access to certified health coaches. With this information, they can work with a health coach to develop a personalized plan to address any needs or goals. All employees are encouraged to participate in the program, and they receive a modest monetary incentive after completing core components of the program.
Our onsite clinic has evolved to be the hub for connecting employees to our other programs and delivering personalized, face-to-face care. It offers easy access to our medical services and allows employees to establish ongoing relationships with our clinicians. Employees who use the clinic have better outcomes and lower costs.
We continue to evolve our strategy with a focus on delivering the right care in the right manner. Ameriprise plans to include additional focus on onsite services, including telemedicine. We will also continue to provide financial education to our employees, recognizing that financial health is an important part of a person’s overall well-being.